Please register to receive Tips for YOUR practice growth via email:
Bobby Haney, DDS
6 PRINCIPLES OF INFLUENCE - Dr. Robert Cialdini
1. Reciprocation - States that you are obligated to give back to me the form of behavior that I first gave you. People say "yes" to your treatment recommendations when they feel obligated to reciprocate.
2. Scarcity - People want things they can't have. Scarcity causes people to be more concerned about the idea of LOSING something rather than GAINING that thing. You then "sell" the avoidance of loss.
3. Authority - We tend to defer decisions to legitimate authorities.
4. Commitment - Lasting commitments are active, public, and un-coerced.
5. Social Proof - People decide what is appropriate for themselves based on what other people like to have done. It's called the "Bandwagon Effect."
6. Liking - We prefer to say "yes" to people we know and like. How we greet people, our attitude, and our smile all make a huge difference in our likabiliy and ultimately, our ability to influence.